There are a few useful steps you should follow prior to putting together and installing your new ready to assemble kitchen cabinets. By taking the time to review these, it will help prevent problems with your project.
- Store all boxes in a controlled environment indoors. Extreme hot and cold temperatures can cause the wood to warp and/or shrink. Allow ample time for the cabinets to adjust to room temperature, after receiving your order, before assembling.
- Organize boxes by model number. This makes it easier to verify you received all of your cabinets in your order and reduces mixing up parts between different models.
- Carefully open each box and inspect the cabinets for shipping damage. This needs to be done within 5 days of receiving your order.
- Review instructions for assembling the cabinets. Read through the instructions that came with your ready to assemble kitchen cabinets, including the list of tools, hardware, and equipment you will need. Review our free online videos if you need to see a particular model put together, and contact us directly if you have questions.
- Gather all tools, equipment, and hardware. If you lack any required item, obtain it first before you start assembling.
- Set up a workspace in a different location than in the kitchen. Use another room in the home from your work area in which to assemble the cabinets. Finished cabinets take up space. You do not want finished cabinets in the same location as the ones you are still assembling. It also decreases the risk of damaging finished cabinets.
- Assemble only one type of cabinet at a time. Because there are variations between models, it is best to stick with one model at a time to prevent making mistakes.
Feel free to visit our website for more information about our RTA cabinets and assembly processes.