Cabinet Measuring Guide
1. Make a rough drawing of the shape of the room. Represent each wall, door, and window.
2. Measure from the floor to the ceiling.
3. Measure each wall section and record on the drawing. (A wall section is from one corner to a door way or window.)
4. Measure each door and window; Don’t forget to indicate in which direction each door swings.
NOTE: windows and doors are measured from outside edge to outside edge of casing or trim.
5. Mark the locations of where the appliances will go, be sure to record the dimensions of each appliance. Start by measuring the Width, Height, and Depth.
6. Mark on your sketch exact locations of the sink, water and gas lines. Also, measure to the center of each and not the edge.
7. Add up all dimensions on each wall and verify that the total is equal to the total wall dimension listed on the chart. (If not, re-measure!) Double check your work. These measurements must be correct for your new cabinetry to fit correctly.